Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ayumi hamasaki ASIA TOUR ~24th Anniversary special @PIA ARENA MM~
View Single Post
Old 7th April 2022, 12:08 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Oh boy! finished my first watch and i will share my thoughts too.

First, big thank you for people who generously shared the video!

Second, well, I will be the first one to drop that, I did not especially liked that concert. The stage was nice, the dancers were well integrated, the setlist seemed meh at first glance, but worked pretty well, but Ayu's nasal off-key screams were overwhelming. I enjoyed the CDL last year and Promised Land, but this show felt worst . I don't think she was on key at all during the "(Don't) Leave me" number. Fo some reason, GREEN sounded actually allright, so there is hope, It is weird that she was able to deliver on GREEN but screwed up stuff like (Don't) Leave Me. She was over screaming everything, a bit like the Future Classics CDL.

Visually the show looks great, the curesy act was never for me and will never be, but I am sure dome people enjoy it, and I don't know if it is self-awarness, but she felt like a Parody of herself in that segment, I did not disliked that, but maybe if wasn't intended.

I will too give my highlights :

1-GREEN : One of the only songs she was able to deliver vocally and actually sings on it instead of shouting everything.
2-The MegaMix interlude with the dancers : It was a relief to get a break from the screaming and it was nice to hear ayu's singing on the remixed tracks. The visual and choreography was also nice.
3- NonFiction : Didn't like the song much, but it fit so perfectly with the stage and the vibe of the concert.
4- Poker Face : Decent vocal, she kept it simple and I liked it.

I would have put One night Carnival there but... Kishidan showed up and it was a mess. Nothing against him but it felt weird to restart the song a second time around and their voices didn't blend together at all on the verses. it was weird.

This show felt like this year CDL's B-sides.

***** EDIT: In my Higlights I would also include footage of POM 2018 in the retrospective video, this concert is weirdly never mentionned or shown (but it was not a bad show at all, and the last tour with the band)

Last edited by AyuCanada; 7th April 2022 at 02:14 AM.