Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New song 'We are the QUEENS' scheduled for September 30th release
View Single Post
Old 18th September 2016, 02:05 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I've studied Japanese advertising campaigns from in preparation for an interview with Ogilvy & Mather JP. They had many that inspired me and that were easily graspable.

Or you could take Dentsu for example, Japan's very own #1 award-winning advertising agency. Their campaigns are world-renowned and employ the best practices.

Good advertising is universal. The thing is, there's not a whole lot of good advertising, lol.

And again, the problem isn't outlandish advertising, I think it's just a weird language thing. By definition I took Clash of Queens to mean a coming together of various and multiple powers in a battle for supremacy. Communicating that as "Race Queen (a type of queen)" vs "Clash of Queen (multiple queens in battle, or the games concept itself, )" is a fail in my opinion.

Anyways, this isn't a critique on Ayu (she looks phenomenal in the CM and as mentioned the art direction is on point), but as someone whose been studying advertising for the past 4 years I can't help but analyze the idea itself and critique whether or not I feel the message is being delivered in the best possible way, as well as make an attempt to follow the logic. This is especially important considering my end goal is to work at an advertising agency in Japan. I guess it's good to know that you don't have to come up with particularly smart ideas to do it. Lol.
This CM was done by DENTSU... just to say lol

Anyway I hope we will have a PV for this song!