Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu to appear at MUSIC FAIR on 11th August
View Single Post
Old 12th August 2018, 09:07 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dandy_ View Post
The latin character is actually a set of joined 'a' and 'e' characters. But I won't let that spoil her story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86
Oh, wait. Checking back to the interview I got confused by the different pronunciation of vowels in japanese/italian and english. In japanese they use the english pronunciation only when they pronunciate the vowel alone (so for exemple "A" in japanese is pronunciated like in Ayumi, and not like the english "air", but they us the english pronunciation to say "A", outside of a word), because of that I got confused. I'm really sorry to misleading everyone. I will be more careful next time.

Checking better she said that usually eternal in english starts with the letter E but the latin character looks like two "A" back to back. That makes more sense. If the title means the eternal life of two "A" back to back, maybe æternal is about Ayu-chan (the diva) and Ayumi Hamasaki (the person). Maybe the person she is longing in the songs is not a lover but her past self, her trueself, the person behind the diva.

That would explain the two different tracklist orders as well:
JACKET A - Fierce Ayu on the cover introduces the listener to the tracklist starting with We are the QUEENS to end with The way I am. Ayu introducing herself like the fierce queen, during the æternal and W there is this strong theme of double Ayu, to end with "the way she is".
JACKET B - Easygoing and happy Ayu on the cover introduces Ayu to the listener directly starting from the way she is. The album continues playing around the double theme again to introduce Queen Ayu in the end.

Ayu the diva and Ayu the person are both two important parts of Ayu. Both are the beginning and the ending of her full identity.

If all of this is true, I'm still not sure why she chose Trouble as album title.