Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~A SUMMER BEST~
Thread: [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~A SUMMER BEST~
View Single Post
Old 12th August 2012, 03:24 AM
TO BE Initiate

The only reason why I believe she'll release an album or mini-album this year, it because she just seems to be over singles. :/ One more month, and it'll be 2 years since her last single.

To be honest, I don't think it's Ayu's use of promotion that is the reason behind these sales, it is her lack of singles (which I guess are promotions in itself). I mean, yeah, TV lives and such are important, but Ayu hasn't released anything consistently to keep herself prominent, so she's slowly slipped. She hasn't got people going, "Oh, I liked Ayu's last two singles, maybe I should buy the album as perhaps she has recorded similar quality songs!!!" You know, it's surprising when you see a band, or an artist's CD in a shop, and you think, "Wow, they have a new album out? I didn't know..."

I think this is why Ayu isn't selling, or is as popular as she used to be.
Singles = TV lives (throughout the year), album setlist/quality promotion, magazine covers and interviews throughout the year, new fans.
No singles = No TV lives (except when album is about to be released), lack of album setlist/quality information to the public, no magazine covers/interviews unless near the time of an album release, absence of new fans.