Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] Official Oricon Thread ~Love songs~ III
Thread: [Charts & Rankings] Official Oricon Thread ~Love songs~ III
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2011, 04:02 PM
End of the World Initiate

^ I think people also overestimate how much she actually sells online though.

Some people assume that if digital sales were added in she'd be selling like her peak or the downward turn days, I highly doubt she would. If we added in digital sales for everyone she'd still be in the same situation proportionally I assume.

And 1 million views is not a lot on YouTube, most of the popular right now people have over 10 million. It's significant, yes, and it shows she isn't non-existent, but it isn't evidence of her having another hit song outside of her core fanbase and a minority of the population. I imagine the short clip nature plays a role in the small play count however, but YouTube only counts first view anyway.

I just feel people try to justify over and over that she's still as popular as she was (not her peak days, I don't think anyone see's that) - but regardless of where she stands now, nobody can deny her effect on music (the people who are popular now have an Ayu influence), but right now, she is only catering to a certain fanbase and demographic.

I cannot understand why this is a bad thing. :/