Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A (inc. CDL 2018-2019) ~II~
View Single Post
Old 11th January 2019, 07:48 AM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrel View Post

Further, in regards to the setlist changes, I wholeheartedly agree that it was criminal to ditch YOU and The way I am for the new setlist additions, but a part of me believes that as much as we love these songs, Ayu herself probably gets bored with them in one way or another. I have a single Ayu playlist of about 20-25 songs I listen to regularly that I feel gets updated rather frequently just to keep it fresh or make it more cohesive.
But she doesn't get bored with Boys & Girls and 1 LOVE. Boys & Girls made her come to fame, I understand why she keeps it in every single concerts (although I'm so tired of this song). For 1 LOVE, we've seen this song in concert every year since CDL14-15 and the choreography is almost 100% the same in these years performances. It's been so over performed and many fans have been sick to death of this performance. If the choreography is changed to the dance in AT07 I would feel more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrel View Post
She could've also just realized that these songs weren't getting the kind of response she was hoping. In the case of YOU, I can see how if she has a lot of newer fans attending the shows(which seems to be the case from watching the last few concerts), this song probably doesn't do much for them. The way I am(in Acappella no less) probably doesn't get much of a crowd response.
The fact is when I attended Gifu performance last year, ayu told the crowd to sing along during the last chorus of YOU, I heard a huge voice which sounds like everyone in the hall was singing. I don't see she has many newer fans in these year. Actually the 10s and 20s in Japan don't know much things about her and think she is already “out of date”. Acappella version of The way I am is one of the interesting point of this concert and most important thing is, this is a tour for the album TROUBLE, but she tended to ditch the songs from TROUBLE instead of other over performed songs (like 1 LOVE, Movin' on without you), even though there are only 5 songs in TROUBLE.