Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - TBS 音楽特番 Audience wanted!
View Single Post
Old 8th April 2018, 12:37 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7entheaven View Post
I think her action is a bit too much. Unbearable even. Since when SEASONS looks like a super difficult song to sing? And those squatting while belting higher notes are really unnecessary. It made her look so uncomfortable. Gone were the days she sings it naturally like for example A Museum.
Actually, Ayu has had trouble singing Seasons for quite a while. Even back when the song first came out, she struggled with consistently hitting the "La-Lai's" in television performances. Seasons really isn't an easy song for her to sing. A Museum happened in 2003 and 2003-2005 was really her vocal golden era; everything seemed effortless.

I overall enjoyed the performances. She put a lot more falsetto into Seasons, because again, it's a struggle to hit that song in full-voice, and I thought the switch to falsetto worked well.

Overall, I liked the stage and performance, but thought Timmy was extremely distracting. Extremely.

I really like both outifts (really one outfit that became two), I just don't think it is that flattering on her body type.

I really appreciate her taking the time to still try to do at least some TV performances. Many artists who have been around as long as her or longer don't really bother much anymore.