Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~
View Single Post
Old 7th August 2018, 11:14 AM
still alone Initiate

I loveee when orbitalaspect arrives to shake things up and get everyone pressed.
As for TROUBLE, I have only listened to it a small amount of times. W is my favorite so far. The lalalai sections are addictive and I love the hard rock sound. The Way I Am sounded so much better on LINE Live. I really felt that performance. Those two songs are my favorite so far. We Are The Queens I used to love and still do but I don't listen to it that often. As for WORDS and aeternal, they sound too similar to me. They are both nice songs but that is about it. I like the 2000s sound they have going on but it lacks the creativity that Ayu's music had during that time. The production just isn't interesting to me.
Overall I like this album musically but I don't consider it a new favorite. My biggest issue with this release is the promotion and marketing and the concept. I don't understand any of them. I found this to be the most frustrating and quite frankly annoying promotion from her. I really want to go back to normal singles and albums. So overall I like the music but I just don't understand this release.