Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu Schedule #13 [2009-2013] - TV Appearances, Magazines, etc.
View Single Post
Old 19th December 2012, 08:06 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Haven't most of her songs been that way though?
Not really, Ayumi's compositions are some of the toughest to sing well amongst the J-Pop mainstream. (Not the toughest by a long shot, but quite a bit above average in difficulty - if you compare them to the tracks Namie or Koda sing for example you will see how much harder to sing they are(I pick those two because they are her "competition", but tend to have REALLY easy songs))
They often require you to be very dynamic in both range(often expecting you to use a full, comfortable 2 octave chestvoice range, something many singers don't even have) and power and to have excellent breathing. Of course, Ayumi isn't an excellent singer so she may seem sub-par singing those hard tracks at times.
All her releases since Love Songs had really tough songs among them(Love Songs had Love Song, sending mail, Last Angel, November, do it again, FIVE had progress and BRILLANTE, Party Queen had...actually, most of the songs on Party Queen had hard sections, some songs had VERY low sections, LOVE had Song 4 u, which requires an above average range and strong dynamics and again had some pretty tough sections, too - even You & Me is much harder than it sounds), as did most of her albums before Secret.

Last edited by isthisLOL?; 19th December 2012 at 08:09 PM.