Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood-
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2019, 08:58 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Ayu is a has-been. Let's not deny that. She's like 80% deaf now. Her vocals are shaky. Even on good nights she gets out of tune and screams sometimes. She can't go on a podium without dancers supporting her. So let's be realistic. Honestly these days every time she announces anything I'm happy it's not that she's completely deaf now, literally can't perform anymore, and has called it quits.

If one day she releases one more song that becomes a massive hit and puts her back in the spotlight for 3 months, great. But I wouldn't bet on hitting the jackpot.

And she's already got one hell of a legacy. She could pretty much just shoot darts at the wall to decide what songs to sing at the next tour (maybe that is how she comes up with a setlist). There's not a lot of singers who could do this. And I actually don't think she repeats herself that much. The problem is of all songs she have, she chooses to repeat Bold & delicious and Movin' on without you...