Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Utada Hikaru] The 50th Thread of Utada Hikaru - First Love -15th Anniversary Edition- released 2014
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2014, 04:14 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveGeniuses View Post
I honestly think its partially also an appeal factor. There's A LARGE MAJORITY of Americans who would call the JPOP meaningful lyrics of Hikki or Ayu for quick examples as corny, cheesy, sappy etc. Seems the American market enjoys the type of fun, party, sexual lyrics you hear in much of the popular mainstream market. They also seem to enjoy the homosexual and female empowerment subjects among the lyrics as well. TBH, I personally enjoy both the meaningful stuff and the fun party naughty type of music.
It's just the tastes of both mainstream markets and the fact that people seem to want to relate to different things. Japan has always preferred sappy love songs, and americans have preferred, anything else tbh lol

My only problem with hikki's english lyrics is that they're very awkward. It never seemed to me like she didn't completely comprehend what she's saying, only that, she's saying things that...no one really wants to hear about, or things that just make her weird instead of relateable. I mean, I like it, because I like her, but. She's far from anything "mainstream" American, even with her basic TITO sound.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu