Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Utada Hikaru] ʕ•̫͡•ʔ A Vacation for Only Two Hours in the 55th thread ʕ•̫͡•ʔ
View Single Post
Old 16th October 2016, 03:43 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
^Here are you can see those six different covers (just scroll down a bit).

Distance got no. 1 on the first week with over 3 million copies, while A BEST got..err... 2.96m I think. The second week was interesting. A BEST only got no. 1 on the first day of second week, and for the rest of the week, Distance was no. 1. Yet, in the end I think A BEST sold about 50K more than Distance. It's such a mystery that ayu could win that week with only getting no. 1 for a day. And normally the first day of the week was probably the weaker sales day. Still, I can't complain since I'm a fan of both. Lots of hikki fans said avex did something to make ayu getting no.1 for that week tho.
Thanks for the link! I've seen those pictures before but just thought they were more promo for A BEST but didn't have actually anything to do with the album.

Now with that bolded part. That would not surprise me in the least if avex did something like that. I mean, it's obvious with all their promotion they REALLY WANTED Ayu to beat Utada while Utada was just chilling and flossing like Captain Picard. I mean, they put so much money into those promotions and work for Ayu at that time, you can bet your good money that they wanted to get her an 'official' number one no matter what.

I mean, like you said, I'm fans of both too so it really shouldn't bother me but it kind of does. xD

But, you know, this could all be hearsay. I shouldn't even be adding to this theory but the forum-loving side of me had to say something. Besides, this was fifteen years ago. It's not like it matters much now.

Finally, I can stop dreaming....

Last edited by Miduhyo; 16th October 2016 at 03:45 AM.