Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Utada Hikaru] ʕ•̫͡•ʔ A Vacation for Only Two Hours in the 55th thread ʕ•̫͡•ʔ
View Single Post
Old 16th October 2016, 04:30 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
In the NTV special, Ayu said herself that she made the decision to schedule her promo and purposely overworked herself during the promotion of A BEST as she naively believed at the time that it would be her last album. I remember in an interview Ayu said she released in the early morning of March 28th (the release day of A BEST and Distance) that she had been up working for 40 hours and that was becoming a martyr.

More about March 2001 - http://deliriumzer0.com/?p=189
20 albums later.... xD

But I can totally see Ayu having that type of mindset and thinking 'if I'm going down, I'm going down with a bang.' Luckily it wasn't her last album. I don't know what my life would be like if I hadn't heard the album I am... that brought me here and introduced me to Ayu. (but that's a conversation for a different thread)

But it's good that things have cooled down for her/for them both. I've been learning a lot about this time from this conversation and I find it a lot more interesting than I did before. I didn't realize just how much was 'at stake' (in Ayu's mindset at least.) and I'm gaining more appreciation from these artists and why Ayu is so protective of taking control of her career. I knew that she bashed with avex at one time but I didn't know exactly when it was and why. Now I do.

and thanks for that link as well. It's an interesting read.

Finally, I can stop dreaming....

Last edited by Miduhyo; 16th October 2016 at 04:33 AM.