Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of TROUBLE
Thread: [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of TROUBLE
View Single Post
Old 26th November 2018, 03:57 AM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
It's unfortunate that Ayu did not do anything major to mark her 20th anniversary , it's as though it's non existent and for her to just let it slide without doing anything proper aside from putting out TROUBLE , doing 2 back to back tours & performing at a-nation 2018 , I'm quite flabbergasted about it

I don't know how Ayu's other long time fans would feel about this but for me in supporting her for such a long time , I can't help but feel disappointed about it

Not many musicians are lucky to be in the music business for more than 20 years & counting and avex should utilise whatever resources they have to commemorate Ayu's legacy instead of being sitting ducks in the pond
I agree. What I like about JPop is how much anniversaries are acknowledged. I was expecting to take my wallet out and have an Ayu blowout this year with the 20th anniversary but...nothing. Like with the 15th anniversary, whilst there were repeat releases (Love, Again, LoveAgain) I was so excited about these releases regardless.

I can understand that new material isn't her priority nowadays but Avex could have commissioned a new remix release.