Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Feel the love / Merry-go-round Single~
View Single Post
Old 5th January 2014, 06:08 PM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Reading these posts filled with angst over her sales makes me wonder if some of her fans listen her only because she used to sell 500k wth every album back in the day. It's a stupid reason to listen soneone. Sales and chart positions shouldn't matter at all. It's the music that matters the most. Hell, if she reached only Top 20, I would still listen the single because I like the songs.
I agree with you for what concerns charts and sales, I know they don't matter. But the reason we are writing post filled with angst is not because we listen to her only for how much she sells: ayu is for me a very important presence in my life and to me is insulting to think that I could listen to her "only" for her number of sales! It's just a normal thing I think, that when you really care about someone you want them to be winning in everything they do, especially when you know they deserve it. I'd still listen to her even if she sold 1000 copies, really. I don't know if I explained myself well, anyway I do agree with you, it's the music that matters, it's just that sometimes I wish for her to be recognized like she deserves. Even though probably she doesn't want to be recognized in that way anymore, thus lack of promo/appearences and so on..