Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New album (January 2023)
View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2022, 08:44 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanes View Post
This album is a joke.
The title, the song titles, the (I guess) 2 interludes.

Clearly a lack of inspiration. That's too bad because with nonfiction and summer again it looked like she was back but ... well, nope.

And the covers, come on. No inspiration at all, the place looks cheap as f**, she's past the thinnest waist ever but no, let's make it flat just like she's 17yo with a cruel lack of imagination (hello Panasonic 2004 CM)

And the pose ... seriously. Well, it annot be worse than the junkie fake smile of missunderstood but it's really, really bad.

I'm pretty sure "I remember you" will sound as bad and cheap as "Days" and "You are the onle one".

Ayu, it's the first time I'm so disappointed in an album release. Not gonna buy it this time, sorry not sorry.
I think it's not fair to say covers are bad. She is presenting her as a more mature woman. I like the covers, much more natural than Secret, for example.

I'm afraid we are going to have more interludes than we expected, but.. anyway! This is what it is, her comeback in a long, long time, so let's try to enjoy it as much as possible.

I don't remember the last time we had the chance to speak about the covers and the kind of songs we'll be finding out with just the titles of the songs. Let's enjoy this moment, because it will take a long time to be repeated again.