Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] LOVEppears / appears -20th Anniversary Edition-
View Single Post
Old 24th September 2019, 07:55 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuinh.k? View Post
Should've added the 1999 secret live as a bonus disc
http://eneabba.net/ayu/video/other/0...et_live_99.htm
This. I was excited until I read the actual description of the content. I thought for sure one of her early unreleased lives would get packaged with it (ala Utada's First Luv Live being included with the First Love rerelease). Video does exist, hence the news footage, ugh.

Instead, this is just a really expensive repackage of things that have been released and bought before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I was listening to it today and I really think it is one of her most unique albums as far as music style. Her discography is so massive and each album has its own charm but LOVEppears stands out. What other albums do you think compare in style?
It's definitely one of her best albums in terms of theme and has a unique sound that runs throughout it. It's always been in my top 3 albums. I don't think she really has another that stays so true from start to finish to a theme and atmosphere.

It also makes sense to me that A Song For Xx was skipped over. It really wasn't until Loveappears that she really became "Ayumi Hamasaki", the huge, mega superstar.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 24th September 2019 at 08:07 PM.