Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3
View Single Post
Old 8th March 2019, 12:22 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Honestly without official credit that's hard to do.
If Ayu's team was smart they let the fan sign a contract that she's giving up all her rights to her own creation, cause they gonna use it for making money.
But they probably just count on exactly what you described - that she is proud they took her design and contributed to Ayu's career and therefor won't pursue anything.
An actual graphic designer probably wouldn't be so easy to handle, but of course we don't know how it exactly went behind closed doors.
But that's another point, setting up an competition without any rules or legal framework people can look up.
Legally it's not secure, for both sides. Just hope they did it afterwards.

But even without thinking about all that - it's mandatory and professional to credit or simply also polite to do that.
No matter if the creator cares about it or not.
I believe it was always announced the logo came from a fan, so it is actually possible to prove. But I do agree some kind of official credit would be nice, I just think it shouldn't be such a big of a deal if you are not one of the intested parties, as we don't know what was the agreement in the first place.

That being said, are the logos credited on the dvd booklets?

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)