Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [III]
View Single Post
Old 11th March 2021, 03:54 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Love the arrangements. Glad they put some effort on them and not over relying on cheap synth sounds. It feels rich.

Her voice sounds different there. I have to say I'm not fond of how it comes especially during the first part. It’s the thing I noticed immediately. It sounds really nasal, almost «live» (a recent one when she tries to sound sweet but it ends artificial, like she restrains herself adopting an unnatural tone). I don’t know how to describe it better. Like it’s not a bad thing in itself but I prefer the voice we’ve been used to on CD. Even her 2018 one. Hope I will get used to it if it’s any indication of the way she will sing.

Other than that it’s a really beautiful song, quite happy with the arrangements. Also like how gentle she sings even when the song is coming to the end with the choir and all. It reminds me of the way she sings on Secret. I absolutely love how she sounds on it. Wish she could have recreated that feeling.