Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Album/other title meanings from ASFXX to now
View Single Post
Old 29th January 2013, 08:58 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Ahh, need to update this.

Love songs - "I wanted to take all the love I've received, make them into songs, and give them back to everyone as a present."

The title for this album "Love songs" seems to have been born during last year's 7-days live.
"The 7-days live last years held much meaning for me. Though I have always put all my energy into lives, that 7-days was a battle which involved my whole body and soul. From the preparation, through the live, and even after. I felt duty, and accomplishment too. Of course, it's not only about me. The whole troupe (band, dancers, staff) too. Now, my memories are of "smiling faces" and "comrade love". That's why, when I was thinking of the album in LA, this title naturally came to mind. It's not something superficial, but represents all the love which I received last year." - translated by Misa-chan from bea's Up

With a title like "Love songs", we were fully expecting a rosy pink album. Guess that was stupid of us. (laugh)
There's no reason to expect that. I'm ayu after all. (laugh) From the very first song "Love song", we're well away from ballads.

Firstly, we'd like to ask why you decided to make this album.
It started during Yoyogi 7days Live. At first, I thought that I'll be burnt out after fighting for 7days, and I planned to take a breather after that. However, after I finished the live, I felt that "It'll be wrong to stop now. I need to absorb what I've gained from these 7 days and move on." To put it in another way, I guess I felt that I was "released".

Released?
As someone who sings, what I should be and what I want to be is very simple. I just want to be a vocalist. That's what I thought. To use whatever gimmicks to tell my message, and if I can't, make it even simpler, so long as I can express through song whatever it is that I imagine. This is probably how I should be like.

I see. So the first song expresses the whole album.
I've always chosen my words with care, to hide meanings, to cover something, or for some certain reason. But this time, I want to make an album that sings about lots of love in a simple way. With that, the title "Love songs" soon came up.

It's an album filled with different kinds of LOVE. So what does LOVE mean to ayu?
It's probably the biggest theme in any person's life, and the most important too. Without it, there is no meaning to life. With it, one becomes able to live. It is the biggest, the most beautiful, the most difficult, and the most talked about thing in this world. It is also the worst thing that can happen to you, emotional-wise. Sort of like trying to climb a super tall mountain. (laugh)

I see, I guess it's important to hear and understand what ayu feels about Love songs herself, then.
"Love songs" is a general category for all the songs in the album, but "Love song" is the piece that describes what love is for me personally. It describes the person I am now. What "Love song" is talking about is how, when I fall in love, I will sing many love songs. (scan is cut off..) That feeling that gets you excited, and is fun, sweet, gentle, and makes you yearn for that someone. Isn't that "love"? We don't know what love looks like. We don't know if it's something warm or cold. It may feel really hot when you are in the moment, and the next thing you know, it's become freezing cold. It's not something real, and we can't touch it. Furthermore, when you love someone, it is impossible to tell if it's good or bad for that person. There are surely people out there who deny that love exists, so I wish to sing lots about love, honestly and straight from my heart. (scan is cut off..) - translated by Misa-chan from SCawaii

FIVE - ?, because of five songs being on the album along with five PVs? There is also a "HOPE" hidden in the logo for the album that Ayu helped design

Party Queen - Your new album is titled 「Party Queen」. I’m not really good with parties, so let me ask what this title means to ayu?
“To summarize it, it’s about the image I have of myself in society.” - translated by Misa-chan from SCawaii

She seems to explain LOVE again in the latest ViVi but we'll have to wait for a full translation of that.