Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Translation] Dreamed a Dream
View Single Post
Old 31st July 2020, 08:38 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

So I've been having the song on repeat again since I've woken up and the part about her straight ahead and "their" straight ahead meeting somewhere and combining into a light sounds more to me like herself and the fans meeting at the lives where both the stage and the crowd emit light that becomes one. I don't think the song is about Max, though it could be.

She had noticed that the things were falling into pieces in Last minute - parts of her fanbase being alienated, she was desperately trying to apologise in Sorrows. M(A)DE IN JAPAN was about her not being able to find her footing again in the restrictive, twisted, industry. The room she said she hated so much in WORDS might as well been a studio as that was the last thing she'd record until TROUBLE which closed with The Way I am which was clearly a hint towards the recording hiatus, asking people to stick around if they thought it was worth it and that there is still a future ahead or throw her away. Dreamed a Dream, I think, is the future she was referring to and I guess she wanted to show that she was ready to stand up and pick up the broken pieces.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 31st July 2020 at 08:42 AM.