Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [romaji & translation] blossom
View Single Post
Old 16th July 2010, 02:24 AM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogepan_19 View Post
The "that" in the line makes sense because the promise is "we would share everything" according to the Japanese lyrics.

I believe masa is very open to corrections because he recognizes that he is not a native English speaker, but honestly the whole "your English makes no sense whatsoever" was completely uncalled for as masa has been translating Ayu lyrics for years already.
I know, I've read them, the almost never make sense. I appreciate his efforts, but I wish more people would correct his English and not just tell him "GOOD JOB!!!1!!!!1!1" I'm not trying to be mean to him, I'm an abrasive person. I mean it to say, he can learn and improve. If people help him by making corrections on English then he gets better at English and it benefits him .

"Because our promise that we would share everything is not a lie at all"
hmm maybe I rushed... But it still shouldn't be "that", at least in English. I don't know how Japanese works, maybe it IS "that" in Japanese, but in English the phrase doesn't work. It's missing a verb. In English there should be an "is" before "that," but perhaps it doesn't work in Japanese...

"Because our promise is that we would share everything is not a lie at all"
Is that different then what the Japanese says by a lot or is it a valid minor change?

Last edited by GRACE; 16th July 2010 at 02:27 AM.