Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of TROUBLE
Thread: [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of TROUBLE
View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2018, 07:39 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^Namie had very low sales for that period standarts during the 1st half of the 00's and her sales were declining again. Had she not retired she would be at the same point Ayu is right now in a few years.

Also, people used to say the same shit about Namie they say about Ayu nowadays during her lowest.

There's nothing extraordinary happening, really.
I'm not so sure about that. I mean, in general public opinion for Namie is extremely high and has been for a very long time. Even at her low points, her vocals, looks, music etc., were never really criticized, only her personal life. For Ayu though, she gets criticized about absolutely everything and has been held in fairly low regard publicly for many years now.

I don't think that's right at all, and I do think there are asinine reasons for it, I just don't think it's right to say that Namie went through the same thing and would likely be going through it again. The two aren't all that equatable imo.