Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [L'Arc-en-Ciel] The 9th Thread ~ 44th single FOREVER (29.09.21)
View Single Post
Old 1st June 2021, 10:52 PM
Voyage Initiate

Thanks for all the updates as always Karen!

Set list is as expected, I would have liked to have seen some older songs on there. I feel like there's a lot of "overperformed" songs looking back at the last few concerts/tours they have done although I suppose that's to be expected when it's your 30th anniversary and you haven't released an album since 2012.

I need to give Mirai a proper listen so far I'm in two minds. It kinda sounds like many other songs they've done and is a bit predictable. On the other hand the violins are a nice touch (I only listened to it when I was in the shower lol so I'm probably not making the best judgement).

When they eventually release a new album, it's going to feel more like a playlist like Butterfly (so I'd prob listen to it on Spotify rather than buying it physically). I would like them to get together and record a bunch of new tracks so it flows better but I'm getting ahead of myself lol!

One of the things I did like about L'Arc was how much material they had - thinking back to the 15th anniversary here where there were so many great tracks to perform. But there's only another 2 albums to show for the following 15 years.

Despite my moaning (lol), I do hope we see more from L'Arc although I suspect they will go back into hibernation after this. At the same time I am really looking forward to Hyde's Roentgen 20 anniversary tour (and love the new pic released for this era!)