Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Max Matsuura leaves Avex
View Single Post
Old 1st August 2004, 07:07 AM
girlish H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantith
She doesn't even write her own songs anymore. There's no way she'd do that.
Max already says she is pretty much producing herself (others have pointed that out in here), so there wouldn't be much change except she'd be taking the credit for it.

This could end up being a big deal, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminaire
If anything, I can foresee avex collapsing if all of Max's children were to up and leave with him. This is sad.
What would be so bad about Avex collapsing anyway? If everyone good at Avex that was produced by Max up and left it's not like no one else would sign them or that they'd just stop making music.

Much of Avex's pratices as of late have been paticularly bothersome anyway. How many times can you put the same songs on a CD and try to sell it to us? We know for a fact that Ayu did NOT want to release a best album, yet was forced into it by the company. Not to mention they took away all the money that was being paid to remixes to provide 10 track singles for Ayu. Which makes sense for their company, but screws the fans over, who had grown accostumed to it.

I realize they are a company out to make a profit, but seriously, how many times can they market the same crap? They know Ayu worshippers are going to go out an buy it even though it's the SAME THING (H Special Edition, anyone? 4 different covers?). I don't feel that's a good business practice, myself, seems really rather greedy and makes me think less of them as a company.