Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~sixxxxxx~
Thread: [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~sixxxxxx~
View Single Post
Old 13th August 2015, 08:23 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Okay, for those of you who complain on my overreaction...

Again, I'm sorry for all those overreactions. Of course we wanted Ayu to get #1...but it was unfortunate that DCT stole the day. But understanding the fact that DCT was a BEST album and Ayu was only a mini-album...it was understandable that DCT can sell more, especially non-fans. I do understand that such best albums are compilation albums of greatest hits, and is ideal for even non-fans to pick up...since it features some of the greatest songs performed throughout the career.

Ayu, however...that wasn't a best album.

After all, there isn't anything that made an unfair advantage to DCT - it seems more people were more interested with DCT than Ayu. After all, there was that speculation about that "wonderland tour that happens every four years" - and it's understandable why DCT had the edge at the end. It's pretty crazy how DCT sold that much at the final day of the week (Sunday) that would lead to the demise of Ayu's #1 run. But then again, more people were interested in DCT, especially when it was a best album, and not Ayu.

I have to relate Ayu's loss to DCT to this: (imagine - Ayu is the white race car who led until before the final turn of the race, DCT is some green race car)

The overreacting that I did here undermines my tendency of why I sometimes overreact pretty much everywhere, including at my house. (I even overreacted when the Seahawks' pass to win the Super Bowl back in February was intercepted by the Patriots in the final 30 seconds of the game! :O) But I have to understand overreacting isn't appropriate in general, and I have to accept these situations that we don't like, such as Ayu losing out #1 to DCT. Then again, these days happen, and we have to move on - we, from Ayu herself, to ourselves here in the AHS community, will have learned lessons from the experience we had throughout the week.

I know it is becoming difficult for Ayu to get #1 this time (compared to the yesteryear), but that's what we have today. This is 2015, NOT 2010 or 2000. Ever since I first joined Ayu fandom back in late 2006/early 2007, I knew that she was on a run of #1 releases. But a year later, when Kobukuro broke Ayu's #1 album streak, we learned the lesson that no streak is safe, and Ayu is now pretty much square one.

It's disappointing though how the string of potentially controversial personal life moves may have turned some of the fans away, but then again, it is normal for soloists to decline sharply in the career, whereas groups such as DCT, Mr.Children, and even SMAP, are more likely to perform well for a long time compared to soloists, after reading some pieces from this thread.

As for this week...I don't think it's likely. And I have a feeling DCT could do it all over again...the albums competition is pretty weak this week.

And, to be honest...I have NOT listened any of the songs from the album yet. Haven't had a chance yet, so I have to question myself why have I not been listening to Ayu recently...
Oh, you're fine. I was very disappointed as well when I heard she got #2. It's disappointing, as DCT's streak should have fairly ended a week or two ago, and I think sixxxxxx deserved #1. It is, like A ONE, such a return to form for Ayu. But, that's just life I guess...

Anyway, Hello there, neighbor. I'm like 1 hour south of you lol.

-> <-