Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] 『ayumi hamasaki Rock'n'Roll Circus Tour FINAL ~7days Special~』DVD/Blu-ray!
View Single Post
Old 1st March 2011, 12:06 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori-chan View Post
Kanjani Eight?! Do you really think that they could be a threat to Ayu? Yes, okay, they are a JE group and I would be worried if Arashi released something on the same day...but Kanjani?

But then...I'm not interested in Kanjani and don't know how much they normally sell. But they don't strike me as the most popular of JE-groups!

Still, Ayu is HUGE! All her releases always sell like crazy, so I don't think it matters if she gets #1 or #2 or #7.
I'll never understand why people care so much about numbers. Ayu has proved countless times that she can do amazing things, so she doesn't have to do it with every single release!
Kanjani's last two singles released in 2010 were both certified Platinum (the last time Ayu's single got Platinum certification was in 2008). Their last two DVDs also had been certified Platinum, though I am not sure about their sales.

Ayu is big, not huge atm and her stuff does not sell like crazy anymore...but yeah I don't really care about how she sells atm.

Follow me @njanjayrp