Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - TROUBLE TOUR 2020 A 〜サイゴノトラブル〜 FINAL information thread
View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2020, 06:31 AM
walking proud Initiate

This was FANTASTIC! I have a few more songs left to see, but wow. Her voice was great. All these shows for the last year have been pretty good in that area - having kids has done her vocals good. The rest doesn't hurt either I'm sure, but her being pregnant is I'm sure playing a large part.

A quote from Pat Benatar from her autobiography who recorded some of her albums while pregnant: " Pregnancy makes all the long muscles in your body relax, and your vocal cords are a long muscle. Suddenly I found that I could do things vocally that I’d never been able to do before. And once I did, I was able to re-create that sound even without the pregnancy hormones. I’ve never had an easier time singing than when I was pregnant."

Her vocals have been sounding like this since last years FNS performance, which is when she was pregnant with her first baby. So no, I don't think this performance was all that retouched. She even misses a line in Powder Snow. Since there was no audience, they could have easily added it back in if they were doing extensive retouching.

I've also noticed in the last few shows that the level of the dancers and the choreography is significantly better than before.

And this setlist? Crazy!

Just a great show.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 3rd October 2020 at 06:53 AM.