Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~
View Single Post
Old 7th August 2018, 04:45 PM
I am... Initiate

I don't know what's going on with all the drama and, frankly, I don't necessarily want to read through all of it. lol
But I've read things like "She doesn't put her heart into it" or "She's only doing it for the money" since RAINBOW, so it got REALLY old by now. It basically boils down to "I don't like it" = "it's halfa**ed/rushed/for money/etc." Not liking something is fine, but people don't have to put all these grand theories into practice each time. I think she's doing music for music's sake, because that is what she loves. She had the sales, the records, the fame - now she can make the music she wants to make, without the need to follow any guidelines because of ad deals etc.
Do I have things I wished she'd changed? Yes. Of course I do. But loving someone is taking the person the way they are, with all their faults and flaws, and if you can't do that then leave. You can always come back again. I was on an Ayu hiatus, too, so I know what I'm talking about. ^_-

I haven't listened to the new songs on TROUBLE yet, but I have to say that I think she can do better than the lyrics to W. I was looking forward to the women empowering song, I actually thought she will take her fangirling over YELLO shoes as the base for it, but I don't quite understand what's so empowering about it. I do like the part of her styling being like an armour, though.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」