Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Feel the love / Merry-go-round Single~
View Single Post
Old 5th January 2014, 06:53 PM
winding road H-Initiate

^ Maybe because people got tired or confused because of that gigantic title? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Reading these posts filled with angst over her sales makes me wonder if some of her fans listen her only because she used to sell 500k wth every album back in the day. It's a stupid reason to listen soneone. Sales and chart positions shouldn't matter at all. It's the music that matters the most. Hell, if she reached only Top 20, I would still listen the single because I like the songs.
I would say the position doesn't matter, but I do like to see my favorite artists selling well, because obviously that's good for them.

For me it doesn't matter at all if the artists are in or out of top 5/10/20/30/etc for me to like them or not, one of my all time top favorite artists is constantly out of top 20 in oricon and I don't care about that, but still I'm always hoping for them to sell well, because sales are important for an artist to keep active, so I always hope they can do well in that sense. I couldn't care less about the position in the rankings, but the numbers do matter in a way... That's how I see it.