Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ARENA TOUR 2009 A ~NEXT LEVEL~ setlist and pictures [II]
View Single Post
Old 16th April 2009, 08:39 AM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
T
As for her not having enough time being the reason - well, it was already pointed out that she has had similar crunches for her previous tours. For AT03/04 she had even less preparation time.
As I think I told you in one of the NEXT LEVEL threads, there is a difference between when a record is released and when it is actually finished. We've got evidence here that NEXT LEVEL was finished about 2 weeks before release. So she got a maximum of 4 weeks to rehearse without having to mix the album. Previous albums could, and probably were, finished well before the release date, giving her more time to prepare for the tour.

So I think you're wrong in dismissing time as a factor. It is a factor. You try rehearse a grand arena tour concert in such a short time. There is absolutely nothing, no evidence to say that Ayu has rehearsed for a tour in such a short time before. I'm assuming she's finished her albums more than 2 weeks before its release of course, but you're also assuming that Memorial Address was finished around the same time. There's nothing credible to what you're saying. Plus Memorial Address had 3 new tracks only to be recorded and mixed. That's a big difference from 6 new songs and 4 new interludes to record and mix.