Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - You were... / BALLAD information thread [V]
View Single Post
Old 19th November 2009, 07:27 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Ageha View Post

About the "validity" of her streak... I agree that if an artist avoids competition all the time, a record really means nothing. But Ayu doesn't usually do that. And I don't think we can consider that option for this single, because of both the two week issue and the Kanjani8 issue. But whatever... I think that Ayu deserves this record more than anybody else right now, because in general, she has earned every bit of it. So I'll be rooting on her continued success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Ageha View Post
And considering Kanjani8 isn't super-huge, I think that she *would've* been pretty safe there, too.....
We largely agree. But except that Kanjani8's single is scheduled to come out the week before Ayu's is. So unless they are going to be in the double week together, there will not be any competition for her again. And I just can't imagine Avex moving the date if they knew she would be in direct competition with a Johnny's group. It will most likely be the week after hers that gets counted as the double week since the whole first week of January is usually off time in Japan. Or they just won't have a double week this year. In the past she may have beaten Kanjani, but lately they have been gaining sales. First week sales of their last few singles: 271,516, 347,735, 194,304. There is no way that Ayu would beat that for the weekly number one unless these "limited editions" are limited to like 50,000 copies each which is probably unlikely. She would have been much better off against Fukuyama, but its probably being ensured that she won't go up against either of them.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 19th November 2009 at 07:31 AM.