Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~II~
View Single Post
Old 26th July 2018, 10:12 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
Don't set my expectations too high!

I don't really like WATQ and WORDS, they are ok, but I don't really want to listen to them. Both demos also nothing intersting. I hope at least last track will be good surprise as "Anything for you" was.
Knowing Ayu and avex these days, it'll probably be like what was done with Suzuki Ami's Infinity Eighteen Vol.1. Just a hidden track at the end of snippets from an all-new project coming soon... And then it turns out to be Kidz Bop Sings... Hamasaki Ayumi - You&Me plus Trance, Dance, Tradance, Trap, Hip Hop, Clip Clop, Chill, Psybient, Ambient versions, an Orchestral Version, a Classical Version, the Instrumental Version, an Instrumental of the Orchestral Version, and Commentary tracks for each one where Ayu whispers parts of a subliminal message we all end up losing a week of our life trying to dissect before we realize it reads "L0V3 4G41N."

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Unlike sixxxxxx with the S titles, the Ws seem random but if they can mean "Double" I was just thinking that they could be a hint to that, lol.
I wonder if Ayu is actually seeing double the number of tracks on this album than she actually put on? Maybe she's like, "Yes, that's 10." And this is the first time she's hearing that it's actually five songs.

As for my thoughts, I love the covers. F.I.N.A.L.L.Y. Thank God she's still got it image-wise. I'd give anything for the Max Mat. cover to have been something she did for Party Queen. This looks more authentic to the "lonely/controlled queen/product of avex" protest.

The tracklist. I don't know what to say. I think I'm more so concerned about the production and singing. I heard a live of Ayu from this year and was very surprised at her vocal strength. Her shows are still at least somewhat interesting. But it's the lack of body/soul/detailed production and real investment in the experience of each song that will make or break this for me. She scored on the imagery. Please, God, have her score on these songs.

-> <-

Last edited by orbitalaspect; 26th July 2018 at 10:16 AM.