Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu at 2018 FNS Uta no Natsu Matsuri July 25th
View Single Post
Old 26th July 2018, 04:32 PM
too late Initiate

As a person who watches Japanese entertainment shows since 2005, I think I can say it's pretty standard for old artists (5+ years of carreer) to sing old songs in these specials. Ayu was one of the exceptions, cause she was singing new releases even after 10 years from her debut.

In her second half of carreer, her sales went downhill (and it's pretty normal considering her time in business and the crazy schedule of releases during the first half) and she lowered consistently her TV appearances. People under 20s barely remember her as an active media personality, even they know she's important and so big. Nevertheless, they recognize some songs that are pretty popular during their childhood (like BLUE BIRD and Greatful days), so it's kinda strategic grab both younger and older audiences by nostalgia while you're promoting a summer playlist which contains demos of a new mysterious song, hinting she's doing new stuff.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 26th July 2018 at 04:35 PM.