Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - LIMITED TA Special Xmas LIVE 2020
View Single Post
Old 24th December 2020, 04:16 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
By recording you mean downloading the data without re-encoding?
I think so. When I ran the script with the link maxikot posted (I only ran it for a minute at a time, since I was just testing things out) and when I exited the terminal app, I had a video file (specifically .ts as specified in the code) no additional processing or anything. It actually has a little counter that starts that shows how many minutes/megabyes have been downloaded. I don't have a Windows system so I couldn't test it on windows, but it worked for me on Mac. I have vlc 3.0.8 and I'm using the latest build of streamlink. If you have vlc and use streamlink you should be able to use the same code (without the quotes) that I posted in my previous post, all you have to change are the youtube link and the name you want to give to the file. I was able to playback the video file in vlc after downloading the small segment off the livestream and the quality was good in 1080p hd.

It's possible this method won't end up working, but so far all my tests have worked. Either way, the time difference is a bad time for me so even after all this I don't know if I'll even be able to see much of the stream anyway.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 24th December 2020 at 05:54 AM.