Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New album (January 2023)
View Single Post
Old 21st September 2022, 06:24 PM
SEASONS Initiate

I also had a Lumix from 2010 because of Ayu lol I believe it was the don’t look back CM one, song which by the way also sounded different from the CM iirc. I remember hating it but loving it at the same time, it was the first time that happened to me with Ayu, don’t look back was completely different from her style at the time. I wanna be surprised again.
https://youtu.be/PhEOgHIaOpM

We’re assuming the album is coming out in autumn, but (and I don’t want to make anyone sad lol) we must also keep in mind delays are a thing with avex, and Ayu. I wouldn’t mind the album being pushed back to next year, if that means she has more time to work on it and deliver something better. In fact, I believe releasing it on New Year’s like she used to would be a great idea, and also would serve as a prefect way to start her 25th anniversary. On the other hand, I personally think A Best 3 is coming as well next year, so maybe releasing them to close by each other would affect sales negatively (?) Idk.
Anyways, I think if the album was coming out this autumn (mid November at most) we would have information out by now, or should be having it really close.

Sound wise, I don’t know if the attendance to the ultra festival means anything at all, but if she is going the EDM route for the album, I’d be totally down for it. I just hope it sounds cohesive, and high quality produced. And of course that she lets the singles she released prior having an album concept (DaD, 23rd monster, ohia) out. Because the two singles released this year, both visually and musically are cohesive, and I cannot be more happy if Ayu had a real concept for the album instead of a bunch of songs thrown together. I personally think we’re getting Colours 2.0, but better.

(Also must add that the style I love the most from her is Rock, but don’t think that will happen this year according to what we had so far)

Last edited by Toniayu123; 21st September 2022 at 07:15 PM.