Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] [twitter] New Remix Album
Thread: [News] [twitter] New Remix Album
View Single Post
Old 9th January 2011, 08:45 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IYFreak View Post
Yea I really agree with that, or if like Ayu made a best of album but it was like she re-sang all the songs like the 10th anniversary versions. I would buy that so quick. Other then that I never see the point of artist releasing so many best of albums, I dont think its about people liking new stuff it seems like they just want to spend more money on there fave artist (then mention about how there killing there wallets while doing so)
Yup. It's either that or it's just a quick and easy cash cow. Best ofs come from singles, singles sell. Ergo, a best of made of singles = money. That way they don't have to "risk it" when it comes to a studio album made of material that people might not like. The odd thing here is that this goes by the assumption that only singles are good tracks, which isn't usually the case. /shrug

The only OTHER time I can see a best of album being necessary is when it's themed, or rearranged in an interesting way... that way you get the same songs, technically, but not entirely the same that they don't offer appeal for those who already have the originals. But what do I know, heh.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."