Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~
View Single Post
Old 7th August 2018, 03:18 PM
End of the World Initiate

I think I like it about the same as FIVE and Sixxxxxx. Overall it's about equal to Sixxxxx but for me progress and BRILLANTE are better than anything on either release. The rest of FIVE was such a huge miss for me though. It's still new and a stream rip though, I never really know how I feel about an Ayu release until minimum six months. I loved sixxxxxx when it came out but I'm less fond now.

Edit: Just thinking about the state of Ayu's career. She's undeniably important to me, but at the end of the day her music not being as good now does nothing to erode my love of her older songs. Honestly, A ONE and Made in Japan were great to me anyway, so one average mini doesn't matter. I still listen to them. She's comforting at this point, I enjoy the average and when the great moments come it's the best. I cried at Made in Japan, watching tour DVDs gets me emotional. Don't know what to listen to? I'll put Ayu on. I think at one point I idealised her a certain way, but that was still marketing and branding her to be reliable to young women. I think she's guarded now, but more free to just be her. It isn't that I don't care now, but... It doesn't matter to me anymore. Doesn't make me love her music any less.

Last edited by relmy; 7th August 2018 at 03:32 PM.