Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - "THX A LOT" a-nation's first official theme song
View Single Post
Old 7th August 2010, 08:10 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheFliesHigher View Post
I laughed at that first video; I'm sorry, I'm not even trying to be mean, but the first 2 girls kinda sucked, then those 2 guys on the video screens blow them out of the water with these super impassioned vocals, then those dudes start rapping some nonsense, then Namie is like, screaming, then that woman shrieks "You are the one" in this high-pitched cat wail....OMG. Comedy only the 90s could bring.
I actually really like You are the One, but it has to be taken in context. Those were most of the top famous artists of the time and that song kind of emphasized what those artists were most famous for at that period.(which accounts for the weird parts that you mentioned.) Komuro took those aspects from each artist and emphasized them big time. So actually, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear Ayu's most crazy vibratto ever in THNX A Lot....
What always stood out to me most in this song though were that Namie's vocals were clearly the best. As others have been mentioning, we might see the same thing happen in THNX A Lot with Koda Kumi.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 7th August 2010 at 08:13 AM.