Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - A Song is born inspiration?
View Single Post
Old 21st August 2006, 10:53 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Well there are thoughts on masa's english site:
Quote:
 8. "A Song is born" and her Social Concern
 The lyrics of "A Song is born" was written under the influence of the simultaneous terrorisms acted in USA on Sept. 11 2001. As a very interesting interview article on the making process of this song has recently appeared, I would like to quote it here.
 When making the song "a song is born", I told Mr. Komuro and Mr. Matsuura how I was thinking about the recent terrorisms. But they were thinking differently, as they are adults. They said they wanted to make a song to say "sorry" for not having noticed before the incident which situation the world is in now.
 But I said I was not going to "reflect on" my way of living before it. It's not true that I had been slack in my living until the incident, nor it caused me to think newly that I should live seriously. It's true that the incident was really shocking and stroke my heart, but I told them I was feeling that I, as "Hamasaki Ayumi", should not apologize. I was not going to say as "Let's make the world in peace", either.
 So I sang, "Though I can do nothing but deliver this song from such a place as this." Not in the tone as "Listen, listen", but as "I am pleased, if you listen even just a minute."  ("Nikkei Entertainment" May 2002)
 How did you feel after reading this article? My impression was -- "Which on earth is an adult?"
 Komuro Tetsuya actually made another song entitled "the meaning of peace" as part of the "SONGNATION" project, too, and let BOA and Kouda Kumi sing it. This is just the lyrics of "reflecting on" the way of living and saying "sorry". But it is unclear to the end whom, what and why the narrator is apologizing for. And the song title "the meaning of peace" is not suitable for the lyrics in which some private experiences seem (or is pretended) to be narrated. I feel irritated to read such vague and unnatural lyrics. How straight and sincere the lyrics of "A Song is born" is in contrast to that!
 The lyrics of "A Song is born" is, in fact, almost as same as the opening message of the Dome Tour with slight difference. But it doesn't mean that she was neglect in making it up. The incident of Sept. 11 certainly shocked her, but when she was going to write a lyrics from what she thought then, she noticed she had already uttered such words. In other words, her social concern had started to grow before the incident.
 In the Japanese society of today, where many people think that young female singers always sing love songs or they do not have to sing other types of songs, her uncommonness of not knowing her place and not staying within a framework is very attractive. But, if I say without fearing to be misunderstood, the problem of war and peace is relatively an easy theme and would be the easiest to take up from among all the social problems in this country. Because Japan has not made war for more than half a century, and there has been formed the national consensus that war is evil and peace is good. (Actually, not a few singers have taken up the theme, apart from young female singers.) But, then, why this country is not comfortable? Though we have been in peace for more than half a century and the GDP of our country is over 500 trillion yen, why people cannot have dreams or hopes and cannot enjoy their lives, with unhappy looking faces? The leading politicians and the top managements of the leading companies say in one voice, "Because of the depression". But can we be content with such an answer?
 Of course she cannot confront such problems, either, for her knowledge and understandings of the Japanese society of today are still insufficient. But, as she is a person of insight and not afraid of looking at reality, I expect she will in future step into the fields, too, which the other singers have not stepped into.