Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 2020 FNS Kayousai Natsu
Thread: [News] 2020 FNS Kayousai Natsu
View Single Post
Old 28th August 2020, 10:09 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I thought the performance was pretty good actually. She won't be getting back to 2002-2006 levels ever, and that should be apparent by now. For her NOW, this was a pretty good performance. The only thing I didn't like about it was once again her wearing something that just isn't very flattering on her figure.

You can tell she was actually focusing on her vocals, which is why she didn't move much. So you really can't please everyone. She moves around a lot and gives a "passionate" performance but the vocals suffer. She stands still to help her vocals and then she isn't passionate enough. I'm sure it feels like she can't win.

I also wouldn't be surprised if her not moving as much in performances becomes more standard. As someone else mentioned, she is in her 40s now and looking at this performance, natsu no trouble, and the dance routine in the dreamed a dream video; she seems stiffer than before. We know she's had knee problems. Additionally, pregnancy/childbirth can also effect your joints permenantly.
She most likely is really going to move less over the years... With the right choreography, this is not going to be very apparent to most people, like Beyoncé who dances less than it looks like because she tends to stand still on the parts she is singing, or Madonna that just got hit by age and has less and less complicated moves over the years, but the choreography asures her part looks good in group routines. It also helps that Ayu never really had big choreographies to begin with... There's ways of showing energy without moving around as much anyways.

I tend not to like her TV performances for the same reason pointed out by Summerain, but in the end, it is what it is. I can understand why things were done the way they were and I won't hold it against her lol.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)