Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A (inc. CDL 2018-2019) ~II~
View Single Post
Old 4th January 2019, 03:42 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Hajimemashite, new member here, although I do read posts from time to time

I went to her 12.23 show in Kyoto (my first time seeing her live actually, I'm finally making enough money on my own to afford a trip to Japan) and saw the new year show online yesterday. I honestly think she sounded better on her 2nd night in a row in Kyoto than on the CDL show which she had a week to rest for. I don't remember any shouting or going off-key, and there were some moments in the earlier songs such as How beautiful you are that she actually sounded like a 10yr younger version of herself, although her voice did get waxier during the encore songs at my show as well. I think one of the factors is that the CDL show was longer with a couple of additional songs to rehearse in the final days (rawrrr I missed Talking to myself), and this tour was full of dance songs which are more tiring to prepare and perform. It was also much later into the night at the CDL, and she sounded more worn during the final songs at CDL than the one that I saw live.

And honestly let's be realistic, her voice expired 10 years ago. She was never a vocal powerhouse, but she had a unique and inexplicably addicting voice. There was a lot of friction on her vocal cords to produce that voice, and the damage is done, that voice is long gone. She's also sth like 80% deaf now, so she doesn't get enough audio feedback when she's singing, which probably causes the shouting and going off key. I guess the realistic solution is just cut the hard songs and do less dance songs, cuz I'm pretty sure given how hard working she is, she's already doing the best she could to sing in her current physical condition.

For the ppl who have problems with how sexual the CDL show was... well the Kyoto show was even more sexual. She picked some fans on stage, made the girls sit on chairs while she sat on their laps and hugged them, and the way she threw her legs over theirs and her arms around their necks looked like a quick lap dance. The guys lied horizontally on stage while she bounce-danced on top of them. I guess this sounds bad in words, but I just laughed at the concert and said "lucky bastards". I'm actually OK with the water pouring and stripping part, even though it surprised me at the show (W was the opening song at Kyoto). She must have put in a lot of effort to get back in shape, so if she wants to show off her body, go ahead, she's not going to be sexy forever. And there's always Timmy on stage to set the lower bar anyway.

One last thing... I'm pretty bummed at how strict Japan is with the no photos/filming policy. I know it's the local laws and culture, but I just wanted sth to remember that moment by... I got scolded by the fans next to me. I don't blame them, but awww...

Last edited by ddggcw; 5th January 2019 at 07:48 AM.