Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.03.12
View Single Post
Old 18th January 2021, 02:48 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
I can't stop speculating wildly about this album's tracklist (and I may very well end up disappointed, no surprises) because I really can't pin down her definition of "ballad". A BALLADS has slow- and mid-tempo songs throughout, but it also has a rearrangement of A Song for ×× that I consider to be firmly "rock". I'm guessing the lyrics play a role into this consideration?

that said, I wonder if she considers the likes of is this LOVE?, Because of You, or decision part of her "ballad" demographic. GAME turns out as a fantastic full-orchestra song in MY STORY Classical, so we know rearrangements into "softer" songs work well.
I think that version of A song for XX is considered a rock-ballad. I don't think is this LOVE? or Because of You are in the ballad basket (my personal opinion), but I do see Memorial address, Last Minute or Sorrows there. I think it's about the message of the lyrics, but I did notice that her ballads tend to have a straightforward message most of the times.

At this point I stopped speculating, the only thing I still hope for is a majestic orchestra version for Marionette...