Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.03.12
View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2021, 11:52 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I stand by the fact that everytime Days comes on I roll my eyes. The song is a staple for her and a hit and I will never doubt that. But to me it has no ballad quality at all - it’s a flat emotion that is neither warm nor cold nor anything. It’s just annoyingly cutesy and GREEN was more the sound I expected from her age (as an artist). I left out the PV so far because it does not ruin a song for me, but it also is just a cutesy Kana Nishino cringefest. What makes me dislike Days even more is the fact, that a song like that gets to be a hit while 10 other songs that surround it deserved it much more.

In the end, it boils down to what you look for in music. But to deny Days is probably one of the most uninspired tracks in her later discography is a flat out lie. It’s Jpop that a lot of other artist could have done and that’s clearly what they went for - and it being a hit reflects how generic japanese music taste is.

That said , as stated above, I don’t mind it in concerts and maybe compilations- but I do on mind it on Next Level.

Last edited by thinkingoutloud89; 23rd January 2021 at 11:54 AM.