Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [III]
View Single Post
Old 13th March 2021, 12:38 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

So, I don't know if you guys remember, but back when I was in high-school there was an artist called "edwardgan" I think, who did Ayumi Collections in Anime/Manga-style. This is like 15 years ago and I don't know if he is still around, but even back then I wanted to do something like that and used his art as reference.

That said, I never really pursued the Anime style so I lack both confidence and knowledge when it comes to digital art. However, i thought A BALLADS 2 is a good starting point. The style is probably very similar, but not nearly as good. I did not look up his art again but you will probably still find it on deviantart.

The plan is to do one for every song on the album someday and to get in more practice. I "finished" the first one today, after I started it yesterday late. It has a lot of flaws, but I rather want to get in more practice before I revisit it and clean it up.

Feel free to critic me in any way. I'm more of a color-block artist, so my style is not as defined as some may like it when it comes to shading - but as said, I hope they get better.

Spoiler:

Last edited by thinkingoutloud89; 13th March 2021 at 12:56 PM.