Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood-
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2019, 09:17 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
I didn't intend to encourage the thread to be derailed, but it really looks like we're all mostly on the same page about things. I'd love Ayu to either take time completely away from her career and come up with something that feels fresh and engaging for her, or to really just stop touring and set up a residency where she can perform to her heart's content. I just don't like the headlining tours without anything else going on in her career. I mean, if Koda can still find some excitement after 60 singles and 17 albums, I'm just hard-pressed to think anything but that Ayu maybe... doesn't care...? I know that sounds harsh, but considering Namie just outright said, "Yeah, this isn't as rewarding as it used to be" and retired. And that Utada took nearly 6 years off to do a radio show and other stuff before coming back with a refreshing approach to her career. It's just hard to believe that Ayu is just starved for inspiration and not just at a point where she doesn't want to come out and say, "Hey guys, I actually don't care about doing anything new anymore. TROUBLE was too much work as it was." I'd totally respect her for doing so, but the silence is deafening and frustrating on this.
Yeah Koda has just created a concept out of recycling her existing tours and everyone’s going shit crazy over her original idea. I can’t. I really can’t. Hands down Ayu has the most ungrateful international fan base among the JPOP divas.

Follow me @njanjayrp