Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood-
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2019, 08:34 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Younger generations tend to not buy physical CDs anymore and Kuu had a viral hit with those last year and the Japanese media reported she gained a lot of young new fans with that.
On Spotify the situation is nearly tied though - Ayu is still in the lead without releasing much with 265k followers, Ku is at 255k.

Quote:
It's hard to compare cause there are a lot of factors.
But for sure Kuu is on a rise again, while Ayu is relying on her current fanbase.
Pure speculation I would say. Ayu does not lack younger audience. Do check the #ayumihamasaki hashtag on Instagram or simply attend one of her concerts. She has both very young and very old fans, with probably the most diverse fan base. And I do agree that it's very hard to compare the sales of a 5-track barely-mini album without a single music video or TV appearances to a full 13-track album with 5 music videos.

Quote:
And the big difference is - Kuu and her team are usually clearly communicating to fans what to expect.
Ayu and her team are not.
That and also a quite unprofessionel approach for certain aspects in recent years.
That's how you disappoint fans.
Or at least that's why I am disappointed.
She doesn't have to constantly tour or release anything.
But be open and professional about it, about your career and brand.
Sorry, just frustration thinking about it.
This is the only point you've made I can agree with a 100%. Ayu's approach to everything lately has been rather unprofessional and nontransparent.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 9th May 2019 at 08:37 AM.