Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - News on London PVs - "Microphone" & "Sexy little things"
View Single Post
Old 21st February 2010, 07:44 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by relmy View Post
Sexy little things.... uhm... "little things" would be a really cool title, I just don't like her using the word sexy. Sexy almost trivialises what she does, I don't know how to explain it. "Sexy" is the kind of word that can have that effect.
For some reason I sort of feel that too. Maybe I'm weird. But I like Ayu's sexyness when it is subtle and not overt. Like Sparkle and its PV for me were way too overt for her. Already having sexy in the title makes it seem overt. If someone/something really is sexy, they don't have to actually say it because they are it and that is a big part of what makes something sexy.

But maybe the content of the song will be totally surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
You and me both! Just to piss the prudes off.
I don't think being prudish really has anything to do with it. I'm definitely not. But it comes down to people having this more mature image of Ayu. And contrary to popular opinion here, sex and maturity are two different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu_no_tenshi View Post
^ the lyrics to Amuro's "WANT ME, WANT ME" are very filthy and sexually explicit. of course she didn't write the lyrics herself but she still sang them...LOL
Well, the thing is, even if she did read a translation, she still wouldn't be able to know how raunchy it is without being a native speaker of the language. Just like if I were to sing something similar in Japanese it would be no big deal to me because I wouldn't know the nuances of the language that only a native speaker would really know, especially when it comes to slang words like coochie.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 21st February 2010 at 07:58 AM.