Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~again~
Thread: [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~again~
View Single Post
Old 9th December 2012, 02:51 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
already it's evident this year as it will be her 1st time none of her releases will not get #1 but she already said for her 5 back to back monthly releases by doing this , her main purpose was not to get #1 but rather to thank everyone for having her back for the past 14 years or so
Generally I take statements like this released by Ayu (Avex?) with a pinch of salt. It's true #1 thing was definitely not meant to happen due to the slew of strong releases toward year end but releasing to thank the fans..? Personally, I feel this is to garner attention and lead up to her 15th anniversary. This being a very profit-driven industry and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ayu releases a compilation of the songs in the minis at the end of it.

Anyway, I still really want Ayu to do well. I think the quality of her music is still there and hope she is able to get the budget to do the awesome stuff she normally does. I'm quite sad and disappointed with Love and Again sales TBH, this being 15th anni and all that. Guess there's nothing for it but to look forward to the future releases and hope for the best.