Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - TROUBLE TOUR 2020 A ~サイゴノトラブル~ III
View Single Post
Old 18th January 2020, 09:19 PM
rainy day Initiate

I think ayu feels a retirement would be an abandonment to the fans. A common theme throughout her work is "a dream that never ends." I think another theme in her lyrics if I'm not mistaken, is the agony of wanting something to last forever, but being helpless to the fact that eventually it just slips away. Wasn't there a lyric something to the affect of "as soon as I realize I have something/feel happiness, I'm immediately seized by a fear of losing it." I think the way for her to deal with this is to give others something to hang onto - something that never ends. She may not be able to control holding onto things for herself, but I think because she knows the pain of abandonment, she has reserved to never be responsible for inflicting such a pain on others. She has reserved to, as much as she can, deliver something that's neverending. Even if it comes down to just one person left listening to her, she will not abandon them, because that's one person who, by her leaving, such a pain will be inflicted upon.

Hell, I'd venture to say it's not just the fans at this point. It's all those around her, her entourage, the people who depend on her, who she supports and fuels life into.

Last edited by Zeke.; 18th January 2020 at 09:23 PM.